Monday 17 January 2011

NEW! Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation.

Photobucket
This new year every high street cosmetic brand has gone crazy for new foundation launches.
Revlon, Maybelline, Bourjois, Rimmel, Collection 2000, they are all at it! So I’m thinking some sort of review is in order!
Bourjois’ new Healthy Mix foundation caught my eye first. The packaging doesn’t really look too exciting, however the promotion backing posters that Bourjois have displayed on their stands is what really draws you in. The model stands there with fruit all over her body instantly making you wonder what its all about.
The reason they have done this is because this foundation is different to all the others about right now. It contains Apricot, Melon, Apple, and ginger extracts giving it a gorgeous fragrance. The fruit extracts are to boost radiance, hydration, anti-oxidants and energy of the skin, I hate to say it but I've been using this foundation about 4 weeks now and my skin feels and looks the same. I’m still needing to use moisturiser every night, my skin still looks dull foundationless, If we can count that as a word!
It promises 16 hour wear. I've done the 16 hour test, and it holds up fairly well, I needed to add some pressed powder over the top two maybe 3 times throughout the day as it can start to look a little shiny, more on the dewy side. Some people prefer that look as it gives more of a radiant appearance. However i prefer the matte look, it’s definitely a case of personal preference and the foundation works beautifully both ways. It resists sweat and heat etc surprisingly very well.
Your face doesn’t start to feel dry throughout the day as it can with other foundations. This has something to do with the melon extract keeping my skin moisturised and supple throughout the day. Ok, all this isn’t as important as what it actually looks like on your little face! My favorite foundation of all time is Estee Lauder Double Wear, the healthy mix gives that poreless, almost airbrushed finish just like double wear however if you put too much on you start to look and feel a little like well…you have too much on! You feel aware that you are wearing foundation if you slather it on, it feels heavy on the face, and a little slimy. The perfect amount for the whole face is 2-3 pumps. Its blending capabilities are great, it mixes in well with any brand of concealer, and if using the right amount feels as if you have nothing on your face at all, its very light.
Overall this is a great foundation. The coverage is medium, you need a concealer to wear under the eyes and on blemishes as it is too thin to cover them alone. The mixture is quite runny which means you can build it up to your desired level of coverage a lot easier.
The choice of colours is great. I have a very light skin tone, and I managed to find my perfect colour (something i haven’t managed in a long time!). Their colour palette isn’t so great for ladies of darker complexions, much better for us fairer girls.

I’ve not been able to wear any foundations by Bourjois in the past, as their formulas are too harsh for my skin and I’ve had horrible reactions. This one is so light and caring for the skin I haven’t had one problem with it being too harsh on my skin. Great for sensitive skin.
Its RRP is £9.99 but will vary shop to shop.

This I think is a bargain as its lasted me roughly 4 weeks of everyday wear so far and I have about two thirds left.
My overall rating on this lovely little bargain is 7 out of 10.

Don’t forget I love to hear from you, and your feelings on this product.
Lots of Love
Aimsie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...